Sunday, December 31, 2006

KEYHOLE CONFESSIONS YEAR-IN-REVIEW 2006

It's the roundup you've been waiting for.

Best Internet Things of 2006

  1. Blogs.
  2. Firefox.
  3. ING Direct.
  4. Wikipedia.

Things on the Internet That Aren't That Good, Actually Kind of Bad, but I Still Fuck with Them of 2006

  1. BoingBoing.
  2. Newsarama.
  3. Any Gawker blog, especially Gawker and Lifehacker, but with the possible exception of Defamer. Do the words "fall off" mean anything to you, Mr. Denton?
  4. Google. j/k Google is really good!!

Internet Personalities I'm Obsessed With/Want to Be, Male Edition

  1. Ze Frank/Merlin Mann/Jason Kottke. These are all basically the same guy. One of the cutest parts of Infinite Crisis was when someone, maybe Alex Luthor, revealed that Kyle Rayner would have been the Earth-8 Green Lantern (and Breach, the Earth-8 Captain Atom) had the original Crisis not occurred. This is kind of how I view these three wired hipster hunks: they would have been the same superhero in three different universes, but instead they're three slightly different superheroes in a single universe. Is anyone still reading?
  2. Cosma Shalizi. The man is a genius. Read his notebooks.

Internet Personalities I'm Obsessed With/Want to Be, Female Edition

I don't like girls.

Best Single Girl I Know

Jackie.

Best Intangible Christmas Gift Ever Given by Me to My Girlfriend (in 2006)

This one. (Mouse over the large yellow duckie.)

Member of My Tiny Audience Who I Expect Will Think Less of Me Because of the "Personal" Nature of This Post

Luxemburg.

Kind of Hole I Never Want to Talk About with Anyone Ever Again, 2006–07

Keyhole. This poses some problems.

So Last Summer

Journalism.

So Next Summer

Capitalism.

Blog to Watch, 2007

New Sulky Notes. "The presence felt, the pressure is on." Sulky has already challenged my dominance over the "quoting definitions from Urban Dictionary" sector of the blogosphere. What will the new year bring? For one thing, a Clipse mixtape subtitled The Spirit of Competition. That is relevant here. "I'm the best since he died and he lied / The spirit of competition / One [blog] could start jihad."

Best Blog-Related Business Idea I Came Up With Last Night

T-shirts with bloggers' faces and names on them. (Sulky helped with this idea.)

Neurotic Blog Practice That I'm Going to Straight-Up Brag About of the Year

In keeping with the principles of content–style separation and semantic markup, I tag foreign-language words like so: <span lang="lat" xml:lang="lat">Carpe diem<span>. (The attribute redundancy is required by the XHTML 1.0 specification.)

Personal Blogging Rate, 2006

Sometimes.

Personal Blogging Rate, 2007

Constantly.

No comments: