Friday, September 01, 2006

Weapons of Mass Destruction–Related Program Activities

"They were in the final stages of getting ready to do something." So said Michael Chertoff on the news a few minutes ago, re: omfg the liquid Islamofascist bombers of doom. Final stages of getting ready to do something, you say? Well, in that case, why keep the threat level at orange? With shit this serious, I think it's irresponsible to even limit ourselves to the visible-light spectrum. I hereby invoke Threat Level Code Gamma Ray.

(Incidentally, looking for "final stages of getting ready" on Google to verify the quotation led me to an 8/10 U.S. News & World Report article that quotes "one U.S. intelligence official" as saying, "They were probably in the final stages of getting ready to run a test and do the real thing. That's why we went to red." Probably in the final stages of getting ready, eh? Makes you wonder who's feeding U.S. News (does anyone read this?) its material. Also incidentally, I'm probably in the final stages of getting ready to do my thesis. And my article on movie trailers. I swear.)

No comments: