Sunday, November 26, 2006

I--I Can't Resist…I Must Obey the Brain!

I just grabbed a fresh bath towel from my closet; the one I had been using was getting a bit soggy.

Unfortunately, the new towel is a bit like Ultra, the Multi-Alien, only instead of having different superpowers in different quadrants of its body, it has different unpleasant smells.

splash page of Ultra doing battle with aliens

"I've somehow become a weird alien--four of them!"

The Wiksplanation of Ultra is wonderfully affectless:

Because all hit him at the same time, he was changed to have one quarter of his body resemble the four aliens. The upper right of his body was green, hairy, and strong. The upper left was blue and had magnetic powers. His right leg was like a bird's, with a small wing that enabled him to fly. His left leg was a bolt of lightning.

And, while I'm at it, poking around on Dial B for Blog reveals a number of priceless Golden and Silver Age covers:

Doll Man crucified and put under a faucet

oh man Batman is going to shoot himself because the Brain tells him to

(The best thing about that one is that I initially thought Robin was commanding Batman to kill himself, and the Brain and the Brain's goon were trying desperately to restrain him. It still kind of looks like that.)

No comments: